Well, I have good intentions! The beginning of a school year is always crazy for educators, but for some reason the start to this year has been beyond cray cray to say the least. Maybe it was the visit by the Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, to my school, or maybe it was Hurricane Irma. Whatever the case, I have failed to begin my "A Day in the Life of an iPad Pro" journaling. So, today, I'm rededicating myself to this journey for the purpose of collecting data as to whether or not the iPad Pro is a viable device for teachers and students at my school. Please feel free to comment with your iPad Pro experiences in your school(s) and classroom(s). I welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback.
Today, I've been using my iPad Pro to put together a training for an upcoming Division meeting at my school. I am using the Google Slides app to build my presentation. The Google Slides app works well on the iPad Pro, just as if you were using the web version. However, it does not have all of the "bells and whistles" that are included in the web version. For instance, you can not perform an image search from within the app to include in your presentation. You can only insert an image from your device's camera roll or Photos app. The ability to search for an image while inside of the Google Slides app would definitely be a time saver, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. You can always search for an image using the Chrome browser in split screen mode and save it to your camera roll. That's the workaround!
No comments:
Post a Comment