(Sing to the tune of "Be Our Guest")
Mes chers amis, it is with deepest pride
And greatest pleasure that I serve you this year
And now I invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair
As Tech Coach Holli proudly presents
Your menu!
Be my guest, be my guest
Put my service to the test
Bring your appetite for tech, chers
And I'll provide the rest
Appetizers, Desserts galore
Why, I only live to serve
Try the Entrees, they're delicious
You can trust me, don't be suspicious
Three-course meal, one by one
'Til you shout, "enough I'm done!"
Then I'll send you off to class to put it through the test
So don't just prop your feet up
Peruse the menu and Order Up!
Be my guest
Be my guest
Be my guest
Please, be my guest!
'Til you shout, "enough I'm done!"
Then I'll send you off to class to put it through the test
So don't just prop your feet up
Peruse the menu and Order Up!
Be my guest
Be my guest
Be my guest
Please, be my guest!
Bon appétit! This Tech Coach Menu has been in the works for quite some time now. As a Tech Coach, my job is not so "black and white". Some days I'm a "firewoman" running around put out flames. Other days I may be the copy repair woman, the DJ or VJ (video jockey), or part of the production crew. I love all these crazy things that I, never in my wildest, dreamed I would be doing. I'm a teacher for Pete's sake! Now, my teaching may be a little non-traditional in the fact that my students are my peers. Sure...I still dabble in educating our youth, but my greatest role that I take the most pride in is educating my co-workers on technology integration. My hope is that this handy, dandy Tech Coach menu will communicate to my peers what exactly it is that I can do to serve them on a daily basis. A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about helping my peers discover what it is that they do not know about technology integration. I'm hopeful that the Tech Coach Menu will be a tool that will get them to ask some questions of me and open up the door for some great conversations and opportunities for technology integration. That was my vision behind the Tech Coach Menu. A little rebranding of my title as Tech Coach, per se!
Now that I have created my Tech Coach Menu, I will do a little marketing to make sure my rebranding message is effectively communicated. To begin, I have created a page within our Learning Management System (LMS) appropriately titled "Instructional Technology". Every administrator, faculty, and staff member has access to this page. Here is where I will place my Tech Coach Menu for easy access. I have also conveniently added a link to my Tech Coach Reservation calendar. I used the Google Calendar appointment slot feature so that my peers can sign up for a time that is convenient for them. They can provide me with their menu choice in the description field of the appointment scheduler. Along with my menu and appointment calendar, I have included an RSS feed of my It's So...Fantas~TECH! blog, links to presentations, informational downloads, and other helpful instructional technology tools. I want my Instructional Technology page to be a "one-stop-shop" for all of their technology integration needs to make it useful and convenient for them. I hope the convenience of all of these tools will encourage my peers to take a minute to "Order Up!"
Next on my rebranding "to do" list is to create some sort of badging or incentive program for those that seek out my services for the purpose of technology integration. I'm still trying to envision what that will look like for me. I would love to hear from you. What ideas do you have or what are you currently doing in your schools? Please leave your comments below.

No comments:
Post a Comment